A Nine Month Bucket List
There are nine months until Touch of a Thief hits the bookstore shelves. To say my writing schedule between now and then is ambitious is an understatement, but I need some balance. So to stay sane, I decided to plan a few other projects to round out my life. Here are the goals I’ll aim for during the next nine months:
1. Learn to do the splits. (I used to be able to, so I know it’s possible!)
2. Lose 2 dress sizes.
3. Grab my courage with both hands and paint my walls a color other than white.
4. Enjoy a Maine lobster dinner. In Maine.
5. Take ballroom dance lessons with my DH.
6. Visit someplace I’ve never been before … by boat.
7. Learn to cook a healthy meal my DH won’t realize is healthy.
8. Say yes to something I usually say no to.
9. Go topless on the beach on the French side of St. Maarten’s (Ok. This is one my DH wanted on the list.)
1. Read a writing craft book each month.
2. Finish writing the free online novella A Duke for All Seasons.
3. Launch the new Mia Marlowe website.
4. Organize a blog tour the month before my first release em(Yes, my darling blog touristas, strap on your cyber stilettos and wander the Internet with me!)
5. Attend at least one writer’s conference.
6. Meet my contractual deadlines: a novel and a novella on October 1st, a novel December 1st, February 1st and April 1st. emWhew!
7. Learn to text and take and send pictures on a new cell phone. Maybe podcast too if I feel ambitious.
8. Develop a new writer’s workshop proposal to submit to RWA Nationals.
9. Write an article for publication in RT, RWR, or a local chapter newsletter.
I think that’s enough. It’ll give me something to shoot for and reporting my progress to you will keep me accountable. How about you? Have you ever put together a list of possibilities you’d like to accomplish? What were they? Did you succeed?